It’s that time of year again! You did most of your holiday shopping on Black Friday or Cyber Monday (Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday..), but there are a few people still outstanding on your shopping list. Either they have everything they want/could possibly need (mom and dad), you don’t know them all that well (sister’s new boyfriend), or you’re trying really hard to get something that will elicit more than a fake smile and generic thank you (in-laws). Worry not, we’re here to help! We’ve compiled some great gadgets for everyone on your list. Tech savvy or not, these gifts are sure to win everyone over.
- Amazon Echo Dot – With a price point of $50, you can’t go wrong. If someone already has an Echo, or Echo Dot, great – you know they’ll like it! What existing Echo owner couldn’t use just one more in the family room, basement, or another bedroom? If someone doesn’t already have an Echo, the Echo Dot is a great way to introduce them to a smart speaker. Alexa streams music, answers questions, checks the weather, sets alarms, calls and messages people, all with simple voice commands. Seriously, what’s not to like?
- Apple Airpods – These are great for the music or running enthusiast, or for the person that simply just doesn’t want to talk to anyone on their daily subway ride. They are wireless, have great sound quality, hold about 5 hours of battery life, and are completely controlled by Siri. The Airpods also start playing music as soon as you put them in, and stop as soon as you remove them – how convenient!
- Amazon Fire TV Stick – This is a must buy for the binge watcher on your list. With the Alexa Voice Remote, binge watching was never so easy. Sit down, turn the TV on, and ask Alexa to play whatever you’re in the mood for. No problem if you don’t have cable or satellite, all you need is WiFi to get this going. Not only can you watch TV and listen to music, you can also access millions of websites, including the beloved YouTube and Facebook. If you have Amazon Prime, then you already have access to thousands of movies and TV episodes. But, if you want to score extra points, throw in a Netflix or Hulu subscription with this gift too!
- Apple Watch Series 4 – For the busy professional in your life. First thought – husband or wife. We all know that one person that is always on the go. They work all day, have multiple errands to do before they get home – gym, grocery store, cleaners, picking up kids – and are still reading emails at 10pm. This is the gift for them. This watch has everything you need, right in one place – and you can access everything on the go, with a quick glimpse at your wrist. You can make phone calls, read text messages, read emails, listen to music, and most importantly set alarms/reminders. The watch has about an 18-hour battery life so you’ll need to charge it at night – but after all, that’s when you really need to disconnect!
- Nest Thermostat – What household doesn’t have temperature arguments? The Nest Thermostat will help you win those battles, without even getting out of bed. Change the temperature settings from anywhere, home or away, with the Nest app – and/or hook it up to Alexa and change settings with a few simple commands. Save energy by letting the Nest learn and program daily heating/cooling preferences. So, even if you’re away from home and forget to change the temperature, the Nest will recognize this and do it for you. This is great for the person who always travels, is in and out of the house all day, or simply wants a more convenient way to control the temperature of their home.
- Amazon Kindle Fire 8 – Kid’s Edition – Put this under the tree and you’ll get extra hugs this year! The Kindle Fire 8 – Kid’s Edition has an 8 inch display, 10 hour battery life, and 32gb internal storage. It comes with a kid-proof case, a 2 year warranty (if your kids break it within 2 years, Amazon will take it back no questions asked), and 1 year of FreeTime Unlimited – which provides access to over 20,000 videos, books, apps and games. Parental controls allow you to set age restrictions, block content, set time limits, and manage web browsing. Best of all, since it’s a full-featured Kindle, you can access everything (aka use it when then kids are in bed) in parent mode.
- Furbo Dog Camera – So who really let the dogs out? With the Furbo Dog Camera you’ll be able to keep an eye on your furry friends while you’re away from home, even at night, with this night vision enabled camera. You can set the app to get updates to your phone if there’s barking. Then, with the two way communication feature, you can talk to them to try to calm them down. If that doesn’t work, you can even send them treats via the “Treat Tosser” function in the Furbo app. The pet lover in your life and pets alike, are sure to appreciate this one!
- Nest Indoor Security Camera – For someone that wants to keep an eye on more than just their pets. The Nest Indoor Security Camera lets you stream live video of your home to your app so you can monitor it while you’re away. Keep an eye on your home, kids, pets. etc. 24/7 – and get notified when either motion or sound are detected. Two way communication also lets you hear/speak to someone at home while you’re away. This is a great gift for anyone – especially a new homeowner, someone that just moved out of their parent’s house, or someone who just started leaving their kids home alone (or wants to keep an eye on the babysitter).
So there you have it, some of our favorite gift ideas this holiday season … happy shopping 🙂